For vegetable biryani you need :
For the vegetable balls:
· Potatoes, boiled and mashed
· Carrots, diced
· Beans, diced
· Onions, chopped
· Oil for frying
· Salt to taste
· basmati rice
· green chilly
· coriander powder
· turmeric powder
· chili powder
· garam masala powder
· bay leaves
· salt to taste
To make Veg Balls:
· Mix all the vegetables together.
· Add salt and little bit maida to hold the veg together while deep frying.
· Add turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and coriander powder.
· Make small balls about the size of gooseberries and deep fry.
For Biryani :
· Heat oil and add saunf, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves.
· When they splutter add sliced onions and wait till it turns golden brown.
· Then add ginger garlic paste and green chilies.
· Add vegetables like cauliflower, peas and tomatoes which are not in the veg balls.
· This makes it a healthy meal since we get to have all vegetables in one dish.
· Then add a little curd.
· Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder and little garam masala powder.
· Add salt and then pour water in ratio to the cups of rice you want.
· When the water starts boiling add rice and salt.
· Once the rice is done, add the veg balls to the biryani and toss it evenly.Serve with raita.
Vegetarian Recipes Articles Contact Partners Home
©1996-2007.Deliciousindia.com. All rights reserved.