For vegetable biryani you need :
For the vegetable balls:
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- Carrots, diced
- Beans, diced
- Onions, chopped
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- basmati rice
- green chilly
- coriander powder
- turmeric powder
- chili powder
- garam masala powder
- bay leaves
- salt to taste
To make Veg Balls:
- Mix all the vegetables together.
- Add salt and little bit maida to hold the veg together while deep frying.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and coriander powder.
- Make small balls about the size of gooseberries and deep fry.
For Biryani :
- Heat oil and add saunf, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves.
- When they splutter add sliced onions and wait till it turns golden brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and green chilies.
- Add vegetables like cauliflower, peas and tomatoes which are not in the veg balls.
- This makes it a healthy meal since we get to have all vegetables in one dish.
- Then add a little curd.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder and little garam masala powder.
- Add salt and then pour water in ratio to the cups of rice you want.
- When the water starts boiling add rice and salt.
- Once the rice is done, add the veg balls to the biryani and toss it evenly.
Serve with raita.