· 2.7kg RipeTomatoes
· 450g Onions
· 350g Sugar
· 300ml Malt Vinegar
· 25g Salt
· 2 tsp Paprika
· ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
Method of preparation:
· Wash and chop the tomatoes
· Peel and chop the onions.
· Place the tomatoes and onions into a heavy bottomed saucepan, cook gently to release the tomato juices, simmer for 20 - 30 minutes until tender.
· Add the salt, paprika, cayenne and half of the vinegar, cook gently for 45 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
· Add the sugar and remaining vinegar, stirring until fully dissolved.
· Continue simmering, until the mixture becomes thick, stirring occasionally.
· Leave for 3 - 5 weeks to allow the flavor to mature
Vegetarian Recipes Articles Contact Partners Home
©1996-2007.Deliciousindia.com. All rights reserved.