Pav bhaji is famous Punjabi dish popular all over the country. To make Pav Bhaji you need:
· Pav Bhaji Masala 2 table spoon
· Potato 1 Cup (Boiled and mashed)
· French Beans 1 Cup (Boiled)
· Carrots 1 Cup (Boiled)
· Green Peas 1 Cup (Boiled)
· Onions 3 Cups (Finely Chopped)
· Tomatoes 3 Cups (Finely Chopped)
· Capsicum 1 Cup (Finely Chopped)
· Ginger 2 tsp (Finely Chopped)
· Garlic 2 tsp (Finely Chopped)
· Coriander enough for dressing
· Salted Butter to taste
· Lemon to taste
· Salt to taste
· Pavs (squarish soft buns about 4″ x 5″ size)
For Bhaji ( pav bhaji gravy)
Heat the butter in a pan and add garlic and ginger. Fry until garlic turns slightly brown. Add the onions (keeping one cup aside for garnishing ) and fry and until transparent. Add the tomatoes and capsicum and fry for 2 minutes. Add all the vegetables. Add Pav Bhaji Masala and Salt and some water (add more water if u like the bhaji thin). Bring to Boil. Remove from flame. Add Coriander and Butter.
For Pavs ( bread)
Slit pavs horizontally leaving one edge attached (to open like a book). Apply butter (as desired) and roast open on a griddle till hot and soft with the surface crisp on both sides.
Serve hot with bhaji, a piece of lemon and finely chopped onion.