palak paneer recipe
To make mouth watering Palak Paneer, you need :
- 3 bunches of spinach (fresh and cleaned)
- 100 gms paneer
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 to 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper powder
- ¾ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Preparation of palak paneer:
- Mix the ginger-garlic paste, green chili paste and
some water with spinach.
- Put the mixture in a pressure cooker, steaming it for
about 7-8 minutes
- Blend the mixture in a blender to make an even thick
- Cut the paneer into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and then deep fry the paneer
cubes till it is light brown.
- In a cooking pan heat the butter and fry the bay
leaves and cumin seeds. Add the chopped onion.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, garam masala.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and cooked spinach.
- Serve hot with rice