To make hot pakoras you need:
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 -2 Chopped Green Chilies (Jalapeno)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Potato
- 1 small Cauliflower
- 2 Cabbage
- 5 leaves Spinach sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Sliced Onion
Method of preparation:
Boil the potato until just tender, peel and chop finely.
- Finely chop cauliflower and onion. Shred the cabbage and spinach.
- Mix first set of ingredients well. Beat in a blender for 4-5 minutes to incorporate air (this will make the batter fluffier).
- Let batter rest 1/2 hour in a warm place
- Add the vegetables and mix in evenly.
- Deep fry in oil that is heated to 375°.
- Drain pakoda on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Serve vegetable pakora with coriander or mint chutney or tomato ketchup