To prepare crisp dosas you need:
· 3 cups parboiled rice (washed and soaked overnight)
· 1 cup urad dal (washed and soaked overnight)
· 1/2 tsp. soda bicarbonate
· Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
· Having soaked both rice and dal separately, wash well with plenty of water.
· Grind dal to a very fine paste.
· Grind rice till fine grains are left (like very fine semolina).
· Mix both rice and dal together after grinding.
· Add soda bi-carb and salt and beat well.
· Add a little water if necessary.
· The batter should be fairly thick.
· Cover and keep aside for 7-8 hours, undisturbed. (preferably in a warm place)
· Beat the curds well.
· Add to the batter, add more water if required.
· The consistency of the batter should be thick enough to thickly coat on a spoon when dipped.
· Heat the iron griddle or non-stick tawa well.
· Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round.
· Pour a tsp. of ghee or oil over it.
· Remove with spatula when crisp.
Courtesy happy india
Vegetarian Recipes Articles Contact Partners Home
©1996-2007.Deliciousindia.com. All rights reserved.