For making coconut rice you need :
· 1 Grated Coconut
· 3-4 teaspoon of coconut oil (If not there vegetable oil can be used)
· 2-3 Green Chilies cut into small bits
· 1/2 inch cut into small bits
· 1 teaspoon urad dhal
· 1 teaspoon channa dhal
· 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
· 1 teaspoon Ghee
· Cashew nuts
· Curry leaves
· Salt to taste
· Basmati Rice/ Ordinary Rice.
Method of preparation:
· Cook the Rice separately and keep aside.
· Put 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in the sauce pan and add grated coconut. Fry it for 3-4 minutes till coconut becomes little dry. Take it out and keep aside.
· Add remaining coconut oil, add mustard seeds.
· Once the mustard seeds splutter add urad dhal, channa dhal, small pieces of green chilies, small pieces of ginger and curry leaves.
· Fry the above till the dhal becomes brown. Remove it and keep aside.
· Add some ghee in the pan and fry the cashew nuts till golden brown.
· Take a bowl put the cooked rice, salt to taste, coconut, fried ingredients of step 4 and mix them well. Top it with cashew nuts and some cilantro.
· You can serve hot or cool. Serve with some chutney or pappad.
Vegetarian Recipes Articles Contact Partners Home
©1996-2007.Deliciousindia.com. All rights reserved.