For delicious aloo gobi you need:
· 1/4 cup vegetable oil
· 1 large onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
· 1 bunch fresh coriander, separated into stalks and leaves and roughly chopped
· 1 small green chilies, chopped into small pieces (or one teaspoon chili powder)
· 1 large cauliflower, leaves removed and cut evenly into eighths
· 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into even pieces
· 2 cans diced tomatoes
· fresh ginger, peeled and grated
· fresh garlic, chopped
· 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
· 2 teaspoons turmeric
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 teaspoons garam masala
Method of preparation of aloo gobi :
· Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
· Add the chopped onion and one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil.
· Stir together and cook until onions become creamy, golden, and translucent.
· Add chopped coriander stalks, two teaspoons of turmeric, and one teaspoon of salt.
· Add chopped chilis (according to taste) Stir tomatoes into onion mixture.
· Add ginger and garlic; mix thoroughly.
· Add potatoes and cauliflower to the sauce plus a few tablespoons of water (ensuring that the mixture doesn’t stick to the saucepan).
· Ensure that the potatoes and cauliflower are coated with the curry sauce.
· Cover and allow to simmer for twenty minutes (or until potatoes are cooked).
· Add two teaspoons of Garam masala and stir.
· Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top of the curry.
· Turn off the heat, cover, and leave for as long as possible before serving.